The Hurricane Season begins every year from June 1st to November 30th. It is very important that you take proactive measures to be prepared for any event.
Learn about the Emergency Evacuation Assistance Program (EEAP), which provides free evacuation assistance to eligible residents living in Miami-Dade County.
- Registration Hotline 305-513-7700
- TTY/TDD Line 305-468-5402
- Fax 305-468-5401
Address: 9300 NW 41 Street
Doral FL 33178
Develop and review an evacuation plan
- Purchase a supply of water and non-perishable food to last for 7 days.
- List emergency phone numbers, including your doctor, close family member, or friend.
- Keep loose items in airtight plastic bags.
- Have a manual can opener (not electric).
- Flashlight with extra batteries.
- A first aid kit with bandages, triple antibiotic ointment, antiseptic solution, hand sanitizer, face masks, gloves.
- Hygiene items: wet wipes, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrush.
- Extra clothes, blankets, some cash.
- Prescription medications, supplements for 10 days.
- Updated list of medications you take and any allergies you have.
- Reading glasses, contact lenses, contact lens solution, hearing aid (if applicable).
- Copies of important documents in a plastic container with a lid: medical insurance card, identification, social security card, birth, marriage, divorce certificates, naturalization certificate, passport copies.
- If you have pets: vaccination records, pet food, pet carrier/cage.
- Mosquito repellent, antihistamines (Benadryl), Tylenol, saline solution for insect bites, Pepto-Bismol.